Steps to Becoming a Renter
- Complete the Waitlist form online or via phone to get started.
- Upon completion of your paperwork, you will be placed on our rental home waitlist.
- As soon as a home becomes available, you will be notified and provided application materials.
- You will be required to complete an application, including information for all tenants, provide a minimum of 60-days of income verification and copies of identification. A non-refundable processing fee of $25 will be required by all applicants over 18 for credit and background checks.
- Upon receipt of your Rental Application, our affordable rental program director will contact you to set up a meeting.
- Review our Tenant Selection Guide and Occupancy Standards document with a staff member at The Partnership.
- Move into your new home!
0 Bedroom Unit- Minimum of 1 occupant, maximum of 1 occupant
1 Bedroom Unit- Minimum of 1 occupant, maximum of 2 occupants
2 Bedroom Unit- Minimum of 2 occupants, maximum of 4 occupants
3 Bedroom Unit- Minimum of 3 occupants, maximum of 6 occupants
4 Bedroom Unit- Minimum of 4 occupants, maximum of 8 occupants
A qualifying individual or family should also:
Review and agree with the eligibility requirements during your meeting with Partnership staff
Meet occupancy standards
Have reasonable credit, rental history and criminal background
If you have questions about qualification, or you need help completing your rental application, please contact our office by calling 304.366.7600. Reasonable accommodations will be made for those persons with disabilities.
The Fairmont Community Development Partnership adheres to the Fair Housing Act and Federal Civil Rights laws. We will not discriminate against applicants or tenants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status. In compliance with Section 504 regulations, we will take reasonable, nondiscriminatory steps to maximize the use of accessible units by eligible individuals whose disability requires the accessibility features of a particular unit. We will consider extenuating circumstances in the screening process for applicants with disabilities, where requires as a matter of reasonable accommodation.
Visit: 517 Fairmont Avenue, Fairmont, WV 26554